Thursday, January 20, 2011

DA-DA-Da-Dahhhhh!!!! (Yes, in the announcing-singing voice!) Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, Old Soul Charm for a Modern Life. My name is Heidi Lynn, and I am the owner of this blog, as well as my online store, Old Soul Charm. I love all things vintage-y.... be it old antiques with a rich history of nostalgia, pretty new findings that have the look of a classic time-worn piece, handmade goods (like my favorite, crocheting), or new-old combination of items that are upcycled. I've always dreamed...literally DREAMED...of starting my own business, and I feel very fortunate that I am able to do so!

I am an Iowa girl (go Hawkeye's!), currently residing in SW Missouri. I have my BA in Human Resource Management and Business, as well as my MBA. My passions are thrifting (which I do for hours, whenever I can), cooking (I'm a natural!), crocheting (started when I was a child), reading (anything.... romance to business books to self-help to biographies), reality TV (I know, I know), learning about businesses (hence the MBA!), eating out (know a good place?- I want to visit!- tell me where!), digital scrap-booking (helloooo Shutterfly!), exploring/traveling (from small-towns to San Francisco.... I love it), and playing with my puppy, Bentley. 

I am starting my blog with the hopes of helping people... you! I truly love people being happy, and feeling invited into something. "What here?", you may ask? Well... a chance to have a look into the past, to try something new, to beautify your home, to enhance yourself, and, maybe, even just to smile! I love to talk to family, friends, and even strangers- about their experiences. About a year and a half ago, I moved from the Des Moines, IA metro, to Southwest Missouri... where I knew no one, with the exception of my boyfriend, Aaron. At that time, I would want to talk to my friends and family on a daily- sometimes hourly!- basis. I think it is important to have a place to go to develop, learn, and vent!

I will be blogging about YOUR lifestyle. The daily occurrences that happen to us all, as well as helpful tips on those things! If there is ever anything that you want more of from this blog- feel free to let me know, and I will do my best to accommodate that! I would love for you to be part of this blog! It is for YOU! I greatly encourage comments on posts... whether you agree or disagree on any topic! If you have anything else, feel free to contact me via email.

So... bookmark this blog, email to a friend/colleague, or add my RSS feed, and let’s get ready to GO at having Old Soul Charm in a Modern Life. And of course, I'd love getting your feedback on my posts, Old Soul Charm at Etsy, and this blog in general — and what you want to see discussed (and showcased) in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment