Tuesday, February 15, 2011

OMG... BBQ Loaded Baked Potato

So... now that I live in Southern Missouri... one of my favorite foods, if not the top favorite food I have, is a loaded, BBQ, baked potato. Now, you may have had baked potatoes before, and you may have had them loaded, but, if you have not ever had them BBQ LOADED, you do not know what you're missing!

I have two favorite places to go get them. My top, most- favorite place, is called BBQ Station in Cassville, Missouri. It has other great food (I've only tried it off other people's plates- do NOT mess with me and my potato), but their Loaded BBQ Baked Potato is AaaaaMmmaaazzzzzIIiiiNNNNnnGgggg! Need I say it again, louder?! It is SO good! I visit there at least once a week, but I could honestly go at least every other day (its about a 30 min drive from my home). The gigantic potato is topped with a generous helping of butter (I will never watch when they ask if I want it. Of course I want it. I just don't want to see them when douse it all over the potato!), sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and your choice of meat- brisket, pulled pork, or chicken. I'm completely in love with their brisket, which they chop up and place on the potato... so I get this standard on mine every time. I also ask (well, I used to ask, now they just know!) for green onions/scallions on mine as well. You cannot go wrong. They serve it up and at each table, you have your choice of 2 BBQ sauces, a sweeter sauce, and a spicier sauce- either are good. I go for the spicier of the two (not too spicy, their "original"). I've never looked at the bottle of sauce before and after, but I'm guessing I use a good half of the bottle every time. I like it saucy, what can I say?! When you get a bite of all of the toppings of the potato, with the potato... the rich butter, cool sour cream, creamy cheese, melt-in-your-mouth BBQ brisket, scallions, and the sauce? It is pure heaven.  (pictures to come!)

My second favorite BBQ place around SW Missouri? A little place in the town that I now live, Monett, Missouri. Big Baldy's Backwood BBQ is the name of this little joint, and it is just fabulous. All of the pictures on this posting are from the Loaded BBQ Baked Potato I had to-go today. The potatoes from here are GIGANTIC. As you can tell, they fill up the whole white Styrofoam container! Their potatoes also come standard with butter goodness, sour cream (at least 2 dollops... at least), onion, scallions, THREE meats (chicken, pulled pork, and beef brisket), and topped with bacon and MELTED cheddar cheese all over the top. It is amazing to look at! Their potatoes come with your choice of sauce, and they have four different kinds to choose from- mild, medium, mustard, and hot. I love the medium. Just enough heat, while not burning my mouth to take away from the taste of the food! In this potato, you just keep discovering all the layers. It seems to take forever to get to the bottom- where the potato is! SO good! 

Enjoy the pics.... and, if your mouth is watering from all of this talk, but you have no BBQ place near you? Or, you've never had a Loaded BBQ Baked Potato? Make one at home! It probably won't be QUITE as good as the two here, but, hey, it's better than nothing, right? I've made these at home quite a few times, and, while I do not have the smoked/BBQ taste, I can still make them taste pretty darn good!
Loaded BBQ Baked Potato- @ Home Recipe!
  • Extra large, russet potato
  • Butter
  • Sour cream
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Onion/scallions (optional)
  • Bacon, crumbles (optional)
  • Shredded meat. Your choice, cooked in the oven or slow cooker, until falling apart ( I like to do a pork loan in the slow cooker- Crock-Pot- all day, until it just falls apart)
  • Your favorite BBQ sauce
Bake the potato in the oven, or, if you're low on time- pop it in the microwave until soft (around 10 minutes for an extra large).

Top with butter, meat, and onion. Then, add cheddar cheese and sour cream. Finish with bacon crumbles and scallions, if using. Finally, to make it a BBQ potato... add a generous helping of your favorite BBQ sauce. (If you're anything like me, you'll have to add more about 10 more times until you're finished!) A fabulous meal!

Know of any other places around the USA that have THE BEST LOADED BBQ BAKED POTATOES? Let us know, we'd love to hear and talk about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment