SO... I love Fettuccine Alfredo like you wouldn't believe. Do I eat it daily? NO!! I'd be as big as a house! Do I sometimes wish I could eat it daily! YES!!!
I love to go out to eat dinner and try different places that make it... some are good, some are great, some are absolutely horrible (seriously?!- who puts CANNED Alfredo sauce on their restaurant pasta?- gross!). Well, it's fairly easy to make at home, so I've tried TONS of recipes to make the "perfect", restaurant-quality Fettuccine Alfredo. I like mine with either chicken or shrimp... so feel free to add whichever you'd like! :)
Without further ado... here is The ABSOLUTE BEST Fettuccine Alfredo recipe to make at home... Enjoy!
- 24 ounces fettuccine pasta (dry)
- 1 1/2 c butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tsp crushed garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper and at least 1 tsp salt- but, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain water.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Add your favorite meat- sauteed shrimp or chicken is the best!
- Serve immediately... and ENJOY!!