Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The ABSOLUTE BEST Fettuccine Alfredo


SO... I love Fettuccine Alfredo like you wouldn't believe. Do I eat it daily? NO!! I'd be as big as a house! Do I sometimes wish I could eat it daily! YES!!!

I love to go out to eat dinner and try different places that make it... some are good, some are great, some are absolutely horrible (seriously?!- who puts CANNED Alfredo sauce on their restaurant pasta?- gross!). Well, it's fairly easy to make at home, so I've tried TONS of recipes to make the "perfect", restaurant-quality Fettuccine Alfredo. I like mine with either chicken or shrimp... so feel free to add whichever you'd like! :)

Without further ado... here is The ABSOLUTE BEST Fettuccine Alfredo recipe to make at home... Enjoy!

  • 24 ounces fettuccine pasta (dry)
  • 1 1/2 c butter
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 1 tsp crushed garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 c grated Romano cheese
  • 3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • Pepper and at least 1 tsp salt- but, to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain water.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.
  3. Add pasta to sauce. Use enough of the pasta so that all of the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. 
  4. Add your favorite meat- sauteed shrimp or chicken is the best!
  5. Serve immediately... and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment