Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Oreo Truffles

YUM! Today we are having one of Aaron's co-workers and his family over for dinner after work to grill. In Iowa today it's mid-70's and perfect warm fall grilling weather. Burgers with garden tomatoes, cheesy potatoes that I just mixed up, along with green bean casserole and a pasta salad is the menu. Had it been last week... we also would be having homemade apple crisp- with apples from my grandparents backyard! This week... what to make for dessert was on my mind. Now, I have about 15 boxes of brownies still in my pantry from my coupon raid this summer, but I wasn't feeling those. I wanted something more "special". Fall Oreo Truffles it is. Easy, quick, and ohhhh soo fulfilling for those chocolate after-dinner cravings. Wanna make some? Herreeee it issss! Enjoy.

1 package Oreos (Halloween orange cream filled ones)
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 packages Bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares, melted
Sprinkles in your fave fall colors

1- Crush Oreos. I just throw 'em in my blender and turn it on, stir, turn on again. Done.
2- In medium bowl, combine soft cream cheese and Oreo crumbs. Mix with spatula until all evenly blended.
3- Roll cookie/cream cheese mixture into about 1-inch balls.
4- Melt chocolate in bowl in microwave until all smooth
5- Roll Oreo balls in chocolate- place on cookie sheet/wax paper.
6- Sprinkle on your sprinkles!
7- Refrigerate until hard, at least 1 hour. Then, store in sealed container.
8- Eat one to make sure it turned out okay.
9. Repeat step 8, above.
10. Share!

*Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment