The BEST Creamy Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
1. Grease a 9x 1 1/2 inch round baking pan and set aside. For the "topping" (the caramel goodness), stir together powdered sugar and whipping cream in a small bowl. Spread in bottom of prepared baking pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over sugar mixture.
2. In another small bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll the loaf of thawed dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. If you're using raisins, sprinkle on now as well.
*Making ahead? Stop here. Cover with greased waxed paper, then with plastic wrap. You are now able to refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. When you are ready, before baking, simply take out your chilled rolls. Let them stand, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature. Uncover and bake chilled rolls for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. (Continue with #6)
4. Cover and let rise in a warm place until they are nearly double (about 30 minutes). Break any bubbles.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (*TIP- cover rolls with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent rolls from getting too brown on top!)
6. Cool in pan (on wire rack if you have one) for 5 minutes. Then, carefully invert rolls onto a serving platter. Serve.
And... there you have it! The BEST Creamy Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls... and homemade too- what could be better??
|Yes, my puppy, Bentley, is here patiently waiting for them to come out of the oven!|