- Are they into baking? I LOVE this Nordic Ware Bouquet Pan for baking. It adds SUCH a fun element for spring and summer baking. My favorite things to bake in these are little mini cakes and banana bread!
- Is he or she in to wine, or trying to be? The occasional drinker that you think would benefit from an easy to use wine opener? The Screwpull Metal Trigger Lever Corkscrew, by Le Creuset, was named Consumer Research best wine opener.
- Into vintage decor? What about this Vintage Gold Mirror Vanity Tray, or any other charming little "finds". You or a friend like vintage home decor? Visit my Old Soul Charm Etsy store for more! (oh, and handmade little treasures, too! :))
- Note cards or stationary, I think, is another lovely choice for a hostess gift. It is the old-fashioned (or, "old-school", if you will) way to tell someone you're thinking about them, missing them, or thanking them. I love this simple old soul charm touch, and use it often myself! These Folk Art Birds Note Cards are adorable for any of your friends.
- An apron! This is often one of those items, I believe, that most cooks don't think to buy for themselves, but can always come in handy. For the female hostess, try Jessie Steele Bib Josephine Café Toile Apron. It goes with any apparel, and looks adorable in use! For the male host, how about a fun Deluxe Embroidered Apron with "All This...and I Can Cook" written in white across the chest? How fun!
- Have a green thumb?Another perfect idea is a lovely potted plant or herb garden.This Italian Herb Garden Trio is such a usable, fantastic idea. They will then have fresh herbs for all their home-cooking before long!
- Dishtowels! You can never have enough of these babies. Try Now Designs Set of 3 Floursack Towels, Olive Series... they are "flour-sack towels", which are my ABSOLUTE favorite. I think they are the most absorbent, easy to use dishtowels... ever!
- Gourmet coffee or tea! Are they the usual basic Folgers people? That's okay and all... but this is your perfect opportunity to give them a new variety to try. Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Vanilla Flavored Coffee is instant coffee.... but don't lose me yet! Trust me when I say, it is WONDERFUL!!! It is perfect to stick in a briefcase, purse, or bag... all it needs is hot water, and it's done. Dunkin' Donuts Ground Coffee, Cinnamon Spice is probably my favorite make-at-home coffee right now. It is delicious. Adagio Teas Tea Chest is a great idea for tea drinkers. It has a great variety, and is more gourmet than regular old Lipton (which I still enjoy!).
- Picture frame. Who doesn't have or take pictures these days? It is a great idea for those with kids or grand kids, too, as they will always have plenty of photo's. Lawrence Frames Venice Bronze frame is inexpensive, but beautiful! Have a cute picture of you with the host's? Just print it to the size of the frame, stick it in, and you're done! Such a nice personal idea.
- Everyone likes cheese, right? Yes, just about everyone does. Go this route instead of one of giving them desserts or chocolates. igourmet's Favorites - 4 Cheese Sampler is SO amazing. It has Mountain Gorgonzola, Extra Aged Gouda, Gruyere, and Vermont Cheddar making up the sampler. The host's will love this for an snack, any time of the day!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Top 10 Host/Hostess Gifts
I am going to one of my neighbor friends' homes this weekend, and it got me thinking... what are some of the BEST hostess gifts out there to give? So, here I compiled a list of the TOP 10 host/hostess gifts to take to your next gathering or party!